It’s that time of year – leaves are changing, pumpkin spice is everywhere and the kids are settled back into their school routine. We already knew our Flooring America and Carpet One Floor & Home members were best in class, but we didn’t realize how many of you host events and give back to your local schools at the start of the school year.
Giving back to the community is one way our members earn reputations as good citizens, and a form of marketing that can give a business a little attention for giving a little help.
Here’s a roundup of members who’ve earned an A+ in giving back:
- Gold stars to Messner Flooring America in Rochester, NY for hosting a school supply drive for the Montgomery Neighborhood Center.
- Teacher’s pet status goes to Daniel Arita and the team at American Floor and Home in Honolulu for giving their local teachers a free area rug valued up to $300 at their December community event – all educators had to do was show up at the retailer and show their school ID for a little appreciation in the form of a soft surface addition to their classrooms.
- Anderson Design Center Carpet One in Hattiesburg, MS earns top marks for their annual Teacher Appreciation Bound Carpet Give Away Day. They show gratitude to their community’s kindergarten through third grade teachers by donating over 300 bound carpets in varying sizes, some up to 9’ x 12’. The free rugs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to teachers within a 50-mile radius of Hattiesburg. What started out as remnant giveaway has turned into an intentional effort of purchasing a decent product for the giveaway to be used in classrooms for children to sit on during story time or music time. They also keep things festive by providing local coffee and doughnuts for teachers as they wait their turn to select a rug.
- Extra credit goes to Carpet Baggers Carpet One in Charleston for their back-to-school appreciation for local teachers. Any educator with a valid ID got a choice of scoring a free area rug or a complimentary gift bag with school supplies and a $20 gift card to Kickin’ Chicken. The three-day event invited teachers to come inside the showroom for their gift – or someone from the Carpet Baggers team would hand-deliver gifts right to their cars.
- Homework pass to Dalton Carpet One Floor & Home in Dalton, GA which hosted a summertime school supply giveaway at their two showrooms where local teachers received a bag of school supplies or an area rug.
- And finally, A+ to Jay Batiste at My Dad’s Flooring America in Douglassville, PA which provides local elementary schools with discontinued carpet samples for teachers to use with younger students during story time and group activities.
Interested in learning more about what our members are doing to support their communities? Check out our CCA Global Partners blog and our Carpet One Cares page to discover empowering member stories.